Policies, Ordinances and Licenses

1 or 3 day Burning Permits can be obtained from the Clerk’s Office during regular business hours for no fee OR you may obtain an Annual Burning Permit for $5 from the DNR Website.  To see more info, click on the link to the right.  Please remember that spring restrictions and possible burning bans may be in place.   All residents are urged to do the majority of their burning when we have snow cover.

Policies, Ordinances and Licenses

General Fee Schedule:
General Fee Schedule

Park Building Rental Fees/Agreement Form
Town Hall Rental Information
Ordinance 2005-03: Establishing Park Rules

Dog License Form
Ordinance 85-1:Regulation of Animals (synopsis)

Residential Streets and Addresses:
Where do I get my new street address?
The Clerk’s Office is the office that will assign
the street address. Phone: 763-263-8111.

PRIOR to setting your mailbox post, call the
Big Lake Postmaster at 763-263-2642
or 612-723-0521 for the
correct installation location.

Mailbox Post InstallationMailbox Post – 2
Posting of Assigned Street Addresses
Public Right of Way
Snowplowing Policy/Snow Removal
Stopping/Parking (Ordinance #7, revised Jan. 2011)

Burning Permits