Town of Big Lake Information:
Parks: Ordinance 2005-03: Establishing Park Rules
Animals: 85-1 Regulation of Animals
Parking/Idling: Vehicle Parking, Stopping and Idling – Ordinance 7
Clerk’s Office Request fees:
- Parcel Assessment Search in Town Records Request $5
- Obstruction Permit Request (ROW) $100
- Conditional Use Permit Request (CUP) $100
- Interim Use Permit Request (IUP) $100
- Variance Request $100
Planning and Zoning – Building Permits
Big Lake Township’s Zoning Authority is Sherburne County. All Building Permit Requests and requirement questions should be directed to the Sherburne County Planning and Zoning Department: (763) 765-4450. The Department has five sub-units, Planning & Zoning, Building Permits, Solid Waste, Environment, and Septic Systems.
Sherburne County Ordinances
Township Road Information
Snow and Ice Control Policy
Map – Big Lake Township
Road Mileage Map Big Lake Township
Public Right of Way
Posting of Assigned Street Addresses – E911 Signs – Ordinance 8 See below for more information
Mailbox Post Installation – Ordinance 2009-1
Mailbox Post Installation Illustration
Vehicle Parking, Stopping and Idling – Ordinance 7
Residential Driveway and Culvert Requirements
Commercial Driveway and Culvert Requirements
Second Driveway Requests – onto Big Lake Township Roads only
1) Mark with flags where the proposed driveway will be located on the property.
2) Contact the Clerk’s Office for an approval inspection. Email Clerk’s Office or call (763) 263-8111.
3) After inspection you will be notified of approval, requested adjustments and/or if a culvert is required.
E911 Address Sign Installation Requirements
To order an E911 Address Sign, contact the Clerk’s Office: Email Clerk’s Office or call (763) 263-8111.
SIGNS $30.00 POST & HARDWARE (optional) $10.00 Cash or Check only
Prior to installing the signpost, you must get underground utilities marked. Contact Gopher State One Call at 651-454-0002 or online at GopherStateOneCall.org to schedule up a marking ticket.
Install at the access point of property – where the public road and your driveway intersect.
- Install Post at least three feet (3’) but not more than eight feet (8’) from the road edge.
- Install so the height of the sign is between four feet (4’) and five feet (5’).